Newsletter Emails on Sub Blogs

Apr 23, 2012 at 1:01 AM

Ok, this may be a bit confusing because I don't think I set up my blog sites exactly how they should've been.

I have a master blog with all of the usual blog files and folders.  Within the master site I also have a folder for each of my sub blogs with all of the blog engine files and folders for each.  I only removed the webconfig for each of the sub blogs.

My master site is emailing out to those that subscribed to the Newsletter as expected.  The sub blogs are not emailing though even though they have the same email settings under their respective admin pages. 

Anyone have any ideas on what I can look into to possibly fix this?  I have been diving around the source but I haven't figured anything out.  Like I said, I assume this is probably something to do with they way I set up the sub blogs.  They were basically copy and past of the main into a sub directory after I had it all setup.

Thanks in advance for any info you guys can pass on.

Apr 25, 2012 at 11:06 PM

Philly,

You're saying you have multiple instances of BE.NET as opposed to using v2.5 with multiple blog support?  Just trying to understand the environment.

-Dave

Apr 27, 2012 at 2:23 AM

Dave,

You got it.  I was having problems with setting up the multiple blogs, so i ended up creating multiple instances under a master blog.

Web file structure:

- Master blog folder

- Standard Blog Files

- Sub Blog 1 Folder

- Standard Blog Files (Basically a copy and paste of the Master blog in a sub directory once I had it configured the way I wanted)

- Sub Blog 2 Folder

- Standard Blog Files (Basically a copy and paste of the Master blog in a sub directory once I had it configured the way I wanted)

- Sub Blog 3 Folder

Everything is working fine, except the emailing of to members of the newsletter when a new post is created on the sub blogs.  The master blog sends emails as expected.

Thanks for getting back to me!

Mike

Apr 28, 2012 at 2:25 PM

Mike,

Sorry I don't have an suggestion at the moment, but with the additional information you provided hopefully someone else will!

-Dave