Enable to edit or delete own blog using editor account.

Topics: ASP.NET 2.0, Business Logic Layer, Controls
May 21, 2012 at 2:37 PM

Hi,  I have successfully integrate blogengine 2.5 and after that i create 2 or 3 users with role Editors. and than successfully add blogs. than these blog are listed in my blog list. but my problem is that i am not able to edit or delete my blogs. as i have editors role. can any one tell me why i am not able to edit or delete blogs is i miss something while integrating blog?

May 24, 2012 at 11:46 AM

I think you can normally only edit your own blog posts... not the blog posts of other editors.  One thing you might want to check is in the control panel, Users -> Roles, and then on the "Editors" row there is a "Tools" button to the right.  If you hover on that, one of the options is "Rights".  Here you are able to edit the Rights for the Editors role.  A couple of the important Rights are "Edit Own Posts" and "Edit Other Users Posts".  This determines if an Editor is able to edit their own posts, or either the posts of other users.

But, you may want to consider using multiple blog instances instead of using multiple users/editors.  You may have seen my answer in your other question:

May 31, 2012 at 7:37 AM

Hi, i am able to edit posts not able to edit Blogs. i have done all settings which you mentioned in your reply.  In the blog listing On mouse over on tools button i have a dot(.) symbol not a div which have options for edit or delete as  i have a div in Admin section.