jquery ui

Topics: Business Logic Layer, Themes
Jun 7, 2012 at 9:20 PM

Hi, I had to add a page to the admin section (using be 2.6) and I want to use jquery ui date picker along with this time picker add on. I created a scripts and theme folder in my custom admin directory and I need to know the best way to include the scripts. Currently I am using a separate admin master page as well. Also, is there a place where the scripts / css should be other that in my admin directory? Thanks

Jun 7, 2012 at 9:42 PM

If you look at Global.asax, there is Init_BundleTable() method, it has "administration" section. Add references to your scripts/styles and they will be minimized, bundled with others and compressed. If script not for admin - there are sections for anonymous and authenticated users as well. Or you can simply drop scripts/styles to /Scripts or /Styles folders, as you can see from that global method all files from both folders will be picked up by System.Web.Optimization.

Jun 7, 2012 at 10:25 PM

Exactly what I needed rtur. One more thing, should I include jquery ui also or is there a version already in the system?

Jun 8, 2012 at 2:44 AM

You should, we not using jQuery UI. At least not yet ;)