Send Comment Email doesn't work

Topics: ASP.NET 2.0
Jun 11, 2012 at 8:02 PM
Edited Jun 11, 2012 at 8:04 PM

I've seen a number of posts in this forum regarding a problem with Send Comment Email not working.  The other posts are similiar but don't seem to be related to this issue.

I'm running BE 2.0 so I'm assuming issues reported for version 1.5 and earlier have been resolved in 2.0.  I've checked that there are valid email addresses in the User and Profile pages for editors.  I've also clicked the Test Email Configuration button and it returns a message indicating a successful test.  Comments are being posted without error, but no email is ever sent to the post editor.  I've tested with various editors and the result is always the same:  the comments gets posted successfully and no email is sent to the editor.  I've checked the Windows event log but it shows no error messages related to the email.  I do have Recaptcha enabled on the comment page, which It's been working well for us so I really can't disable that.

Coordinator
Jun 11, 2012 at 9:26 PM

Do you actually get email when you click "test" in the admin/email settings?

If yes, you can try to add a log to /app_code/extensions/sendcommentmail extension to check if it gets fired on comment added. You can simply add a line like Utils.Log("logging email") or something like this. Also make sure extension is enabled - if not no emails will be sent.