Can't get handlers to work

Topics: ASP.NET 2.0
Jun 30, 2012 at 7:38 AM
Edited Jun 30, 2012 at 7:42 AM

Hi!

I upgraded to 2.6 and my service provider moved my site to a new server, for .NET 4.

I just can't get handlers to work. None of my images are shown. The support-guy at the provider, says that there is nothing wrong with their server, and that I can configure "everything" in my web.config. He was helpful to generate this logfile:

http://www.ronnebybloggen.se/iis_log.rar

I really don't know what to try to get it work. My site has been down (not working properly) for days now. Please help me! Please see if the log-files says anything useful that I could try.

It does contain a lot of "HANDLER_PRECONDITION_NOT_MATCH", which I suspect could be the problem, but I don't know what to do to fix it!

My web.config is exactly as is from the 2.6 download.

Jun 30, 2012 at 2:56 PM

I am facing the same or similar problem :

BE 2.6.0.14 setup that works fine on my PC / IIS 7.5, has broken file manager on my providers site and because of this all pictures are lost.

I can not append to the post an image that I select via File Manager and had to switch back to BE 2.5.0.8 ( no file manager )

.NET version is 4.0, SQLite DB, Provider IIS ?

Jun 30, 2012 at 3:11 PM

I'm using .NET4, XML-storage, and I don't know which IIS the provider has, but I suspect that it is IIS 7.

Jun 30, 2012 at 3:45 PM

I find 404 error in your iis_log.rar when accessing jpg file, but can not reproduce the problem at this moment.
I can see http://www.ronnebybloggen.se photos.

Jun 30, 2012 at 3:59 PM

I have finally solved the problem! the "Pool mode" in my service providers settings was set to classic. I changed it to "integration" and all problems went away :-)

Jun 30, 2012 at 4:21 PM

Nice, my problem is different one.
I have created image url's using file manager like following one :

/IMAGES%2fLogo%2fmylogo.png.jpgx   ( no picture displayed )

If I modify URL

image.axd?picture=Logo%2fmylogo.png ( OK )

Jun 30, 2012 at 4:24 PM

That's strange. It's not the handler in your case it seems. .jpgx is an (to me) unusual file extension. Perhaps it must be registered somewhere in IIS?

Jun 30, 2012 at 4:34 PM

I just tried what you describe above. Same error here.

Jul 24, 2012 at 6:25 AM

Does anybody know what that last error is? I can upload images to any blog post without a problem, but as soon as I add one to a PAGE I get the same /IMAGES%2f2012%2f07%2fred_kitchen.jpg.jpgx come up and no image. Even if I try and convert it back to image.axd....etc. it still doesn't work.

Anyone know where I should look?

Mar 15, 2013 at 11:39 AM
Edited Mar 15, 2013 at 11:39 AM
mvincic wrote:
Nice, my problem is different one. I have created image url's using file manager like following one : /IMAGES%2fLogo%2fmylogo.png.jpgx   ( no picture displayed ) If I modify URL image.axd?picture=Logo%2fmylogo.png ( OK )    
I'm having the same issue. Did you resolve this problem?