Blogengine.net 2.6 version code changed and deployment issue

Topics: ASP.NET 2.0, Business Logic Layer, Controls, Themes
Jul 4, 2012 at 7:04 PM

Hi Team, I downloaded the latest version of the Blogengine.net (2.6) and made some code changes in the themes as per my requirement. I registered with the hosting provider and using visual studio 2010 i deployed the application to the hosting provider web space. But i am getting internal error which is very weird. Do i need to follow any steps before I install my latest code? please guide me on the same.

Jul 4, 2012 at 8:38 PM

What is the error you are getting? If you post a screen cap of the message that would help. Also are you using XML or Sql Server as your data store? Make sure you uploaded all the necessary files as well. 

Jul 5, 2012 at 5:10 AM
Hi thanks for your immediate response.

Below are the steps done.

1. Downloaded blogengine.net 2.6 source code.

2. Edited the themes and necessary features using visual studio 2010.

3. Build and executed the project in visual studio 2010 to check if its working good.

4. Using the xmlprovider to save the details.

5. In visual studio 2010 I clicked on the web site right click publish website option and published the website to a local folder.

6. Now from local using FTP client copied the whole set of files to hosting space.

Now when trying to access the website its retiring.

Error: internal error 500

please help me on the same

Sent from my Windows Phone. Please Excuse typos!!

Sent: 7/5/2012 1:08 AM
To: karthik_anbu@hotmail.com
Subject: Re: Blogengine.net 2.6 version code changed and deployment issue [blogengine:361984]

What is the error you are getting? If you post a screen cap of the message that would help. Also are you using XML or Sql Server as your data store? Make sure you uploaded all the necessary files as well.

Jul 6, 2012 at 2:19 PM

I need little more info than server error 500. What is the exact server error 500? 

Turn off friendly error messages in your browser, and allow debugging in your application, and then tell us the error so that we can help you better.

Alternatively you may have to contact the hosting companty tech support and have them turn off friendly error messages on their end in order to debug. I have had to do that in the past when deploying asp..net applications.