Categories and Themes

Topics: Controls, Themes
Jul 5, 2012 at 8:12 PM

I am using two different themes. How do I show posts with a specific category only in each theme? 

For example: 

Theme1 shows only posts labeled with Category1

Theme2 shows only posts labeled with Category2

I know I can do this in the URL, but is there a way to code it into the theme master page?

Aug 14, 2012 at 12:23 AM

I am trying the following:

https://domain.com/category/bar.aspx?theme=foo .... This does not work.

I have to set the theme and the category separately...

I want to be able to set the theme when I select the category. Can't I do that?

Aug 14, 2012 at 12:46 AM

Simply put, I want to be  able to set both the theme AND the category in the URL. Is this possible? 

If not, how about setting the theme when the category is stipulated in the URL? 

How about the the inverse? Set the category when the theme is selected in the URL?  

Coordinator
Aug 14, 2012 at 2:55 PM

This can be helpful.

Aug 14, 2012 at 6:08 PM
Edited Aug 16, 2012 at 9:48 AM

That discussion thread was very helpful, yes. I was the one asking that question also. I just need a little more help with the categories. I want to be able to link to both a theme and a category at the same time. I don't care about how it is done, but maybe something like: http://domain.com/blog?theme=foo&category=bar

Aug 17, 2012 at 9:39 AM
Edited Aug 17, 2012 at 6:15 PM

I already answered that post. The post you refer to is only about the theme and cookie, not the category problem

On Thu, Aug 16, 2012 at 3:49 PM, rtur <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

This can be helpful.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (blogengine@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email blogengine@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com

Aug 17, 2012 at 6:14 PM

Another way to do it would be to select the category from somewhere in the theme.  I don't know how to do that. Can I use site.master or do I need to use PostView.ascx?