Deploy BlogEngine within my site

Topics: ASP.NET 2.0
Sep 28, 2008 at 1:46 PM

I have my corporate site with ASP.Net with its own code.  I should like to deploy BlogEngine blog within my site code.  In fact I have put BlogEngine code within Blog Folder within my root older of my site.  Thus...

mysite Root Folder
    App_Code of the main site
    Other folders of my main site
    Blog folder - containing all code all BlogEngine
etc etc.

The idea is that users can browse my  blog with the URL

Is this possible to do since of course is giving me all kind of compilation errors.  Or there is a better way to do this?

Sep 29, 2008 at 11:48 AM
Of course the easiest way to implement your blog would be in a subdomain such as If you want to have it in a subfolder you will first need to convert your /blog subfolder into a virtual directory. After that you will have to sort out the errors you are possibly going to get from /blog/web.config inheriting from ~/web.config. The shotgun approach is to use 
<location path="." inheritInChildApplications="false">
<!--anyhing here should not be inherited-->

otherwise you can override every offender in your /blog/web.config by using "clear" tags or specifying an alternate or empty such as <pages styleSheetTheme=""... with "" denoting that their is no styleSheetTheme.

Good luck and have fun.
Sep 29, 2008 at 11:56 AM
Hi Taylex...thanks for your reply...

Yes it was mission impossible to incorporated within my side.  Still had to move app_code, resources folder and it was mixing with my site code...Eventually it did worked, but then images were not loading much hassle.

Sub domain is the easiest solution