running BE 2.5/2.6 in subdirectory?

Jul 16, 2012 at 8:38 PM

Hi All: when I last looked at BE 2.5, it seemed that it wasn't possible to run it in a subdirectory of a primary website (e.g. 'www.mysite.com/be25/')...I had found some instructions online for getting BE to run in a subdirectory, but it was only for BE 2.0.

Is there a way to get 2.5 to run in a subdirectory of an existing website? Are there any links for doing this?

Coordinator
Jul 16, 2012 at 9:07 PM

This subdirectory has to be setup as application in IIS. So if you have access to IIS, you need to add virtual directory pointing to BE folder and then right-click and "convert to application", selecting .net 4.0 integrated app pool.

If you don't have access to IIS and running BE on shared hosting, most provide some way of doing same thing over hosting UI. Here is godaddy as example.

Jul 16, 2012 at 11:11 PM

Thanks rtur...if i run it as a separate application, then I wouldn't be able to share some common app settings used in the main application, correct? 

I should have rephrased my question as "is there any way to fully integrate BE2.5 into an existing web project and have it exist in a subfolder"?

Coordinator
Jul 17, 2012 at 4:42 AM

You can always integrate one asp.net application into another, but it is not easy. Just as example take a look at this 21 step (!) walk-through.

Jul 17, 2012 at 6:45 AM
rtur wrote:

You can always integrate one asp.net application into another, but it is not easy. Just as example take a look at this 21 step (!) walk-through.

Hi Rtur: Which 21-step walkthrough?

Coordinator
Jul 17, 2012 at 2:55 PM

I was referring to this one, probably link was cut off by editor. Don't follow it though, it is a bit outdated and things changed since it was written.

Here is more recent one but I doubted it will do for 2.6 either without few adjustments. Which exposes another issue with full integration - you won't be able to upgrade without re-integrating all over again.