customizing the admin menu

Topics: Business Logic Layer
Jul 25, 2012 at 4:59 PM

I have been working on adding a new kind of Post "entity" to blogengine and I think I am done with the part of building the entity foundations in the BlogEngine.Core project, but now I am stuck in trying to understand how to create a new menu item in the admin menu, and creating the new Post entity template where I would create the new posts and edit them.

I saw the menu.ascx under the admin menu, but I couldn't figure out how to add a new menu item to it. I would really like ti have some help with better understanding of the whole admin menu and dashboard part.

best regards 

moranm

Coordinator
Jul 25, 2012 at 6:45 PM

Top-level admin menu items stored in the web.sitemap, you can add new entry there. The "title" is a resource name (to support multiple languages).

Jul 25, 2012 at 8:13 PM

Thank you, I will continue working on it.

Jul 26, 2012 at 3:10 PM

I am trying to build a new template for my new Post entity, so I could see all my new Post Items. I know that blogengine uses jTemplates in order to present this data, I built a new one(template) and created the json cs files and I still can't see the new template.

can you please tell me how the template loads? what determine if it will load Post, Page or other?

Coordinator
Jul 26, 2012 at 3:43 PM

Here is simple writeup on using templates in asp.net in a similar way BE does.

Jul 26, 2012 at 3:56 PM

Once again thank you very much. 

Jul 29, 2012 at 8:19 AM

I saw that there are two places with web services, one is the classes or templates in the controls folder and the second in the AjaxHelper.cs file in the admin folder.
do I need to update both of them with my new type?