Help with installation BE 2.6

Topics: ASP.NET 2.0
Aug 9, 2012 at 2:46 PM

I'm trying to install BE 2.6 in my current website: as a subdirectory: After some corresponding with my hosting provider it seemed to work. When I log in using the standard user and password I see the correct page with in the right bar the Administration section. Clicking on one of the subjects is when the fun starts. The layout looks horrible and I'm not able to change anything.

According to my provider the permissions on App_data are set correctly, but I don't have any means to check this. I've also tried all the steps on this page:

Any help is much appreciated, because my technical skills are not sufficient in this matter.

Aug 9, 2012 at 3:50 PM

Optimization is not working on your site, probably because IIS configuration not allowing it. If you check page load with FireBug you'll see all optimized resources throwing "403 forbidden" error. What you can do is to download latest code from here. This version allows to turn optimization off in the admin/settings section, then it will load scripts and styles without bundling and minification and it should work.

Aug 10, 2012 at 6:20 AM

Thanks for the quick reply. I'll give it a try over the weekend and will post my progress here.

Aug 13, 2012 at 1:38 PM
Edited Aug 13, 2012 at 2:34 PM

I've uploaded the new code and after some fiddling around it works fine. Thanks for the help.