CSS Help Needed - Please! New Theme Creation

Topics: Themes
Nov 5, 2008 at 10:11 PM
Edited Nov 6, 2008 at 1:40 AM

I am in the process of creating a new theme that I will be willing to share with everyone interested. I beleive this them will be popular with BlogEngine.Net users. It is an original design with a very clean look and feel. You can view the theme on my website at http://www.thomasbosscher.com.

If you were to view the theme in IE 7.0 it is displayed correctly but if you were to view the them in Firefox all is close with the exception of the background in the blogbody <div> and the margin at the bottom.

Can anyone help me understand why this is happening? Once I have figured out this issue, I will continue to tet in all major browsers and upon completion I will submit this layout to the BlogEngine group to share with everyone.

Any help would be great!!! I also welcome any comments to make this theme better!

Thanks in advance,

Thomas Bosscher
Nov 6, 2008 at 1:43 AM
I was able to solve my own problem. It seems that firefox doe snot like to display a background image if it thinks the div container is empty. Although I have two other Div's in this container firefox still see the parent container as empty.

I added a <br class="clear /> to the bottom of the parent container and then added .clear {clear:both;} to my css style sheet. This seemed to resovle my issue.

I will start testing my theme with other browsers and with a little tweaking should be able to post he new theme.

Have a great day!