BE 2.6 cannot access .cshtm file

Topics: Controls
Aug 27, 2012 at 4:21 PM

Hi all,

I've deployed BE 2.6 successful on my site but i got a problem with .cshtml files, include admin/default.cshtml, admin/Extensions/default.cshtml, admin/Extensions/Themes.cshtml, admin/Extensions/Widgets.cshtml and /account/logout.cshtml

I tried following http://sven-s.de/post/BlogEngine-HTTP-4043-cshtml-Handler-not-registered-in-Shared-Hosting.aspx but still not working at all.

Hope you can help me :(

Thanks

Aug 27, 2012 at 10:02 PM

I'm having the same problem despite finding and following the same instructions. I hope someone can help us both, though I'm sorry I have to "me too" instead of solving the problem.

Aug 29, 2012 at 6:19 AM

I have a bad way to resolve this but it works by using WebMatrix, do everything on local (Adminstrator, Post...) and then sync into hosting

Hope it help

Aug 29, 2012 at 5:49 PM

Could you clarify what you mean by that? What "everything?" are you doing? Thank you.

Coordinator
Aug 29, 2012 at 7:16 PM

Another thread about this issue with few suggestions.

Aug 29, 2012 at 7:42 PM

@rtur: i tried following this thread before but nothing happened, i guess hosting wasn't installed MVC or something like this

@tonyatmendina: oh i mean, at first you get your blog engine on local by download on WebMatrix that you can change the setting on local and after that you can sync into hosting by publish

Jul 16, 2014 at 2:24 AM
I had the same problem with version 2.7 just now and was able to fix it.

I uncommented this from Web.Config:
<buildProviders>
    <add extension=".cshtml" type="System.Web.WebPages.Razor.RazorBuildProvider, System.Web.WebPages.Razor"/>
</buildProviders>
Then I added a mime type for .cshtml -> text/html in IIS at the site level.

Hopefully this helps somebody :-)