admin/Users/Users.aspx in BE 2.6 is blank, as is roles.aspx.

Topics: ASP.NET 2.0
Aug 30, 2012 at 12:29 AM

This has not been quite the install I expected; I've had to add a mime type for CSHTML files, add a wildcard application as mentioned here http://weblogs.asp.net/owscott/archive/2010/07/08/configuring-iis6-for-webmatrix.aspx, and set enableoptimization to False by editing settings.xml. Now my next problem:

I can create users and log in using the users I create. The file users.xml is updated with what looks like the right information...but the users and roles .aspx pages in the admin section are always blank. I'd like to be able to see a list of users and roles.

If anyone has any helpful suggestions or pointers to previous discussions, I'd appreciate it. Thank you!

Sep 10, 2012 at 7:51 PM

This turned out to have an odd cause -- a URL Re-Writing rule (in ISAPI ReWrite) was set up on the root level of the host website that translated all .htm page names to .aspx ones; a number of the pages in BE require the loading of a .htm page. The re-writing rule was not something I expected!

The solution is simply to prevent any URLs in my /blog folder from being re-written at all.