This project is read-only.

App pool is getting stopped

Topics: Business Logic Layer, Controls
Oct 17, 2012 at 11:43 AM

Am running my website (  more than 5 years using BlogEngine (using XML as provider).  Now it is hosted on Arvixe Shared Hosting (Business class Asp Pro).


After upgrading my Blog to 2.6 (from version 2.0), my site is getting 503 error frequently as the App pool is getting stopped. I tried to solve the issues (tried to change provider to SQl SERVER too), but failed.


I have changed imagehandler page, related post page. and added two extensions, to add Adsense and retweet and other social media links.


Now i moved back to Version 2.0 and everything works fine.


Oct 17, 2012 at 11:46 AM

Am runnign two sub domains using the BlogEngine itself. When changed to 2.6 i have added them too to the same as 2.6 supports multiple blogs. I tried stopping them, removing them but that also didn't helped me.

Oct 17, 2012 at 2:56 PM

Most hosts set limitation on memory used by shared account. BlogEngine keeps a lot of data in memory and if you have lots of posts your app pool might go over the limit quickly and will be repeatedly recycled. I ran into this myself running several BE instances on the same account, had to switch to single instance running multiple blogs to get around it.