Master Page & BlogEngine

Topics: ASP.NET 2.0, Controls
Nov 22, 2012 at 5:30 AM

I loaded my blog (BlogEngine) into Visual Studio 2010 via the FTP feature… BTW, very cool…

AnyWho, when I go to click on "Design" that's at the bottom left-hand corner of the window… I get this error message:

"This page has controls that require a master page reference, but none is specified.

Correct the problem in code view."

I'm still trying to learn the ropes with Visual Studio & BlogEngine, any help with this would be much appreciated.

I have already posted this at the Visual Studio forum as well… Just trying to get an answer as quickly as possible or maybe even a special tip and/or trip…

Nov 22, 2012 at 7:15 PM

Design view usually works good for static pages and really small projects. With BE, master page is loaded at run time based on default theme, so at design VS does not know what to load. And even if it did, almost all controls or widgets also dynamically populated, so design view won't be a big help either.

Nov 22, 2012 at 10:42 PM

That's a Bummer… I also have WebMatrix, I would be better off using that to preview my progress than?

I will try this little bit later on, using the design view in Adobe Dreamweaver… You have any suggestions about which IDE I should be using?

Thanks for your reply by the way.