Help me find extension that automatically tweets blog posts when they are published...

Dec 12, 2012 at 9:44 AM

Hi, I need help in identifying the extension that when a blog post is published, automatically tweets it. This is for a blog using BlogEngine 2.0.0.36. Can anyone help?

I 'd  like to change the settings or turn it off completely depending on what the options are. Its not a piece of custom code as I cant see any in the boxes and the extensions are as follows:

AkismetFilter

BBCode

CodeFormatterExtension

Logger

MediaElementPlayer

Recaptcha

ResolveLinks

SendCommentMail

SendPings

Smilies

SocialBarExtension

SyntaxHighlighter

BreakPost

Thanks

Coordinator
Dec 12, 2012 at 5:54 PM

The only non-standard extension on this list is "SocialBarExtension". Not sure exactly what it does, but you can try to disable it from admin/extensions page and see if tweets still get generated. But I suspect it is some custom code or service that responsible for this behavior. Extension probably just adds social buttons to the posts.

Dec 13, 2012 at 10:12 AM
Edited Dec 13, 2012 at 10:12 AM

Thanks rtur. I can't seem to see any settings for Twitter in this extension that are responsible. It must be some code somewhere that Im not aware of.

Coordinator
Dec 13, 2012 at 3:09 PM

At very least, it must know your tweeter account and password to post. You probably set it up at some time and forgot. It could even be external service you signed up for that checks for new posts and re-tweets.

Dec 18, 2012 at 2:40 PM

Of course re Twitter details. I doubt its an external service though. Will investigate further and thanks for your help.