<p> instead of <div><br /></div> in BlogEngine.NET 1.4.5

Topics: Themes
Nov 28, 2008 at 5:39 PM
Preface:

1. I must be super dumb, because I have spent hours trying to solve this problem.  I want the TinyMCE editor to put blocks of text inside <p> tags instead of <div> tags with a <br /> in between.

2. I must be super ignorant too because not only does BlogEngine.NET ver 1.4.5 (not sure about the others) come configured by default to use <div><br /></div> for line spaces, but upon extensive googling, it appear that most people want that!  (others seem to want <div>&nbsp;</div>)  Maybe all those divs are more compliant XHTML, and maybe I just haven't been brainwashed by the lastest web coding standard, or maybe I'm too inexperienced to understand why using <p> sucks,  but I still like the old fashioned <p> and I want to continue using it!

So how do I get my favorite html element (<p>) back?!?!

1. I think it has something to do with not having <script> as a prohibited element in the config so that you can enter javascript.

2. Or I need a newer version of TinyMCE, but upon attempting to install a newer version in the "editors" folder, it didn't really work properly.
(Option: forced_root_block Requires: 2.1.1 and BlogEngine only at 2.1.0)

I haven't posted a question in years, I always try to find it already ansnwered, but I had already spent way too much time trying to find a post from someone else on the entire internet with my problem, and there wasn't anyone!!

Can someone please attempt to clear up some of my mental deficiencies and help me get my BlogEngine working the way I want?

Also, while we are on the subject, can someone please try to convince me why it's better to use <div><br /></div>?

Thanks so much!!

-john
Coordinator
Nov 28, 2008 at 7:19 PM
In my BE 1.4.5 installation, I get <p> tags when hitting Enter.  I see the <p> tags when editing a post and clicking the HTML icon to see the HTML version, and when I save the post, the <p> tags are still there when viewing the post on my blog.