Themes Download

Dec 9, 2008 at 2:17 PM
Edited Dec 9, 2008 at 3:26 PM
Hi,

I am working on customizing a new blog and was searching for theme downloads, especially the "Leaves" theme that came with older releases (1.3). The current Themes download page does not have links for these previously released themes. Is there a download site and link to get these themes somewhere else?

Any suggestions, leads would be appreciated.

Kind Regards,

saratogacoach
Coordinator
Dec 9, 2008 at 5:06 PM
The only site I'm aware of with some nice BE themes is Henrik's site.

http://www.onesoft.dk/category/-BlogEngine-Themes.aspx
Dec 9, 2008 at 5:42 PM
Thanks Ben for your reply and lead. There are some nice themes there!

I also wonder if the "Leaves" theme, if found, would be incompatible with the latest release.

Again, thanks.

Kind Regards,

saratogacoach
Dec 10, 2008 at 11:01 AM
Coach!

We took the Leaves theme and tweaked this as a LeavesWider to handle normal YouTube and larger image-based posts. I'm still solving a FF body float problem, fine on IE7. ZIP back @Henrik when sorted. Of course kudos and credit to Henrik who has also launched his own Theme demo area here. Excellent breadth of good themes.

We think the excellent range of themes are a great help to anyone looking to BE as their platform. We're always checking out new themes. With few exceptions (i.e. Theme sucks), we're trying to host a community resource of demo themes here. We hope to keep adding new Themes to our own demo library. If anyone has a recent Theme that we've missed, please let drop me a note.

@Team. The BE Themes page is way out-of-date can you add links to Henrik's OneSoft.dk Themes and our demo page?

Nick
Dec 10, 2008 at 1:21 PM
Hi Nick,

Thanks for your reply and leads. I'll keep checking for new themes becoming available.

The only drawback for a newbie like me is how to substitute a new theme for one that has been customzied in several spots. Need a good log to keep track, so I can add the same script changes to any new theme.

Kind Regards,

saratogacoach
Dec 11, 2008 at 9:45 AM
This is a common problem we all face; how much do we customize a theme? Generally your chosen BE Theme will upgrade seamlessly to the next BE release. All the Themes we've collected to far all seem to work to 1.4.5. except for Al Nyveldt's CuriouslyGreen that won't render YouTube (the CS extension is installed).

This might be a compromise but can you keep your Theme customization script and HTML within Text Boxes. Provided that Control keeps getting upgraded, there's less reason that an upgrade wouldn't work out.

You could also check out a code-compare tool such as BeyondCompare. That will show you differences between pages and allow selective sections to be imported.

Hope that helps.
Nick
Dec 11, 2008 at 11:12 AM
Edited Dec 11, 2008 at 2:57 PM
Thanks, Nick, for your reply and suggestions.

As soon as Leaves Wider is available for release and use, I would like to try it out.

Kind Regards,

saratogacoach
Dec 11, 2008 at 3:25 PM
Fixed the BlogEngine derived LeavesWider theme.

We changed the style.css entry, removing the CSS entry clear:left;
BEFORE:   .Post {    padding: 15px 0px; position: relative; clear: left;}
AFTER:    .Post {    padding: 15px 0px; position: relative;}

You can download this widened version of the BlogEngine.NET Leaves theme from our site here.

We look forward to your site appearing in the next hour or so. Do let us know where to find you.

Nick
Dec 11, 2008 at 4:02 PM
Hi Nick,

The easy part was to get it on the site: http://www.elearningprojects.com/blogs/.

It looks good!

Now, I will try to get a few customized items, like a print button (essential for this blog), working.

Still setting up the blog so it's in testing stage, so far.

Thanks,

saratogacoach