How to edit a new page that was not listed

Dec 17, 2008 at 11:10 PM
I am enbarrased to ask this but.... I created a new page and unchecked the checkbox labeled "Show in List" as I was not finished with the page. However, now I am unable to access the page to continue editing. It does appear in the Select parent drop-down list on the admin page for creating the pages but the content does not show up. So how do I access and existing page that is not currently listed per the checkbox just mention?

I finally realized I could just type in the slug name on the URL and that did the trick. But is there an easier way to do this?

Dec 17, 2008 at 11:27 PM
If you go to the Pages tab in the Control Panel, above the Title textbox at the top, there should be a link that says "2 Pages" or how ever many pages you have.  Clicking on that link will show you all your pages (listed or not).

But I have a question for you.  I just created an unlisted test page to see how it can be accessed (for trying to answer this question), but how can I delete the page??  :-)
Dec 17, 2008 at 11:32 PM
I just needed to actually view the page where Edit and Delete links were available ... :-(
Dec 17, 2008 at 11:55 PM
Perfect! Thank you very much. I knew I was going to be embarrased to ask. I looked at that page many times and never noticed the link up there. Maybe it could be moved further down next to the other controls ...unless of course I am the only one who has not see it. :) Glad you found the answer. I knew that one but it sure did not work for unlisted pages.

Thanks again.