This project is read-only.

BlogEngine.NET Javascript not working

Dec 20, 2008 at 7:45 PM
I upgraded to today and Im noticing that the javascript files are not being imported. It works locally fine. I check the page's source and the tags are there for the main javascript file and widget.js, but its now on the live server and its not working. On the live site, the javascript files are not being included.

Anyone having this issue? Or any possible solutions?

If anyone wants to check it out and try and help, my site is:

Dec 20, 2008 at 8:27 PM
Firebug shows two problems, a 404 error and a 500 error.

The 404 error is:

Maybe because of the double slash?  But, that's probably not related to your upgrade.

The 500 "internal server error" is for:

I do see your blog.js file exists if navigating to it directly:

I'm not sure if the server 500 error is because of a pathing issue where the file cannot be found or a configuration issue.  It looks like you're at GoDaddy.  Are you using IIS6 or IIS7?  If IIS7, do you know if you're using the integrated pipeline, or classic pipeline?  Also, what version did you upgrade from?
Dec 20, 2008 at 8:57 PM
It looks like you're on IIS7.  Are you using the web.config file that came with  You could try swapping out the <system.webServer> section of the web.config file with the one in this thread to see if it makes any difference.
Dec 22, 2008 at 12:48 AM
Thanks BenAmada,
I replaced the system.webServer sections and that seemed to fix the javascript issue.

Thanks again!

Dec 22, 2008 at 12:54 AM
Glad to hear that helped.  Another possibility you could try if you have the time is to stick with your old web.config file and remove the <httpHandlers> and <httpModules> sections from web.config.  You would want to leave the <handlers> and <modules> sections in the <system.webServer> section.  Not sure, but it's possible there was just a conflict between having the handlers and modules defined twice.