Implement little "[More]" hyperliink in the post view

Topics: Business Logic Layer, Controls
Dec 24, 2008 at 8:52 AM
Hi,

Does anyone can share some tip about how to made changes on the POstView.ascx to show partial of the contents with a little "[More]" hyperlink at the end of the dispay contents.

When reader click on the "[More]" hyperlink, it will load the entire post contents, which just like the reader click on the posted topics title in the PostView.ascx control.

Also, can someone share about how does the "Description" input work and show on the screen?

regards,
Hackzai
Dec 24, 2008 at 9:10 AM
Hi,

I fixed my problem by...

1. Checked the "Only show description of posts" in the Settings section, and save it.
  2. Put my short description about my posting into the 'Description" area.
  3. Put your details posting contents into the HTML editor when you creating a topic.
  4. Save and publish.
  5. Done.

But I have a questions...

1. Can we have the same html editoer for the post topic "Description" input?
  2. Move the "Desription" to above the main posting content HTML editor and below the "Title" textbox?
  3. Can I just modified the admin\Pages\Add_entry.ascx & admin\Pages\Add_entry.ascx.cs?

Thanks in advance ;)

TA,
Hackzai 
Coordinator
Dec 24, 2008 at 8:55 PM
Hi.  There's actually already built-in functionality for a More... link.

You can just add [more] in the body of your post in the Add Entry editor.  When you do this, on the front page of your blog, all the content leading up to [more] will be shown with a More... hyperlink that can be clicked to show the entire blog post.  With this feature, you should uncheck "Only show description of posts".