Quick Question - Boldy theme - removal of link to archive in top menu

Topics: Themes
Jan 28, 2013 at 9:50 PM

I've just completed an upgrade to 2.7 (from 1.6).

All is working fine, but there is 1 thing that I had removed in the old version and can't seem to find how to remove in the new 2.7 version of my site - the link to the archive going across the top of the page...

Using the Boldy theme, after the upgrade, the ARCHIVE link at the top of the page (in the menu list) has reappeared.  I like having the archive, I just don't want a link to it displayed in my menu list.

Can someone point me in the direction of how to hide this again?  It's obviously coming from the core be.net files and not the theme itself (since during the upgrade process, I copied the theme).

Coordinator
Jan 29, 2013 at 12:56 AM

You'll need to comment out this line in the BlogEngine.Core/Web/Controls/PageMenu.cs

AddMenuItem(ul, Archive, Utils.RelativeWebRoot + "archive.aspx");

Jan 29, 2013 at 1:43 AM

Thanks...

I found that earlier and removed it - which removes the word "Archive" from the top menu... but it leaves a space there (blank space), with an active hyper link to the archive.aspx page... so it didn't offer a complete removal... does that make sense? I was wondering if there was somewhere else that it might be holding the link...