Use BlogEngine for static pages or Expression Web 2?

Topics: ASP.NET 2.0
Dec 29, 2008 at 4:34 PM
What would be the most effective strategy for implementing static pages on a website to go along with the blog pages?  Is creating static pages with BlogEngine.Net too limiting?  What if I combine BlogEngine.Net with Expression Web 2 - would this over complicate things?  If I combine the two, am I able to use just BlogEngine.Net for the blog pages and Expression Web 2 for the static pages, effectively keeping them separate from each other?

Thanks for any advice.

Dec 29, 2008 at 8:30 PM
It actually depends on how you create your static pages. On my site, I have a few static pages, but I've integrated them into blog engine app and so they use the Master Pages of the blog engine. If your making truly static pages, as in .html, then I wouldn't see why Expressions Web 2 wouldn't just beable to edit those without a problem. If, on the other hand, you just need pages to display text that probably won't change but you don't want it to be a blog post, then you might want to just create a blog page. There's no comments or anything like a post and it looks like pages from a regular web site. 

I hope this helps
Dec 29, 2008 at 8:38 PM
Thanks for the reply.

Of course, I would like to maintain the same aesthetic as much as possible throughout the site.  However, as a designer I will definitely need pages to showcase my work as a sort of virtual portfolio.  This portfolio should have a creative yet professional look and feel.  As a result, I am thinking that I will need to use an editor that will allow me more freedom to control the design such as Expression Web.