Strange issue with comments after upgrade.

Topics: ASP.NET 2.0
Jan 31, 2013 at 1:37 AM
Edited Jan 31, 2013 at 1:37 AM
Hi, I upgraded from 2.0 to 2.7 over the last few days. Everything seems to be in order except the comments tabs in the administration section are not showing.

It has an accurate count of comments listed on the sub menu, but the page is blank.

The comments also show on the blog itself.

I've attached a screenshot to help explain what I am talking about. --> Image
Coordinator
Jan 31, 2013 at 3:54 AM
How about other lists - posts, pages, users?

Most lists, including comments, loaded by webservice + ajax call. So you might look at javascript errors using FireBug or some other tool. Counter comes as straight asp.net output.
Jan 31, 2013 at 6:38 AM
Edited Jan 31, 2013 at 6:49 AM
Everything else it perfect. Only the comments tab on the backend is a problem.

The javascript console in Chrome revealed this error --> Image

So it would seem that there is an issue with the javascript, as you suggested.
Coordinator
Jan 31, 2013 at 3:40 PM
500 means error happened on the back end. Could be related to data in the comments. The easiest way to find out would be pulling app_data to local and then run it in VS with debugger. If you not a dev, you can zip and send me your app_data and I can do it for you, may be we missing something in the code that handles comments.
Jan 31, 2013 at 4:19 PM
Edited Jan 31, 2013 at 4:21 PM
One other interesting problem I'm getting, which is likely related, is that it errors out while trying to switch file storage providers. I've had to manually edit the web config and set it to the XML provider. It also errors out when I attempt to execute the file backup storage.

How would you like me to send you the file?
Coordinator
Jan 31, 2013 at 4:59 PM
Use this form.
Jan 31, 2013 at 5:13 PM
Done. Thanks!
Jan 31, 2013 at 10:18 PM
Ok, so something is majorly corrupt with my installation. It seems that pages with comments are now throwing exceptions, and in addition to the comment issues when I try to add or remove widgets or extensions, it deletes the current theme references and the whole blog goes down.
Jan 31, 2013 at 10:47 PM
My guess is that the database is somehow corrupt.
Feb 1, 2013 at 1:21 AM
If there is anyone able and willing to assist me in straightening out this mess, please email me. chris (at) chrisarkwright dot com