Set a different home page

Topics: Business Logic Layer
Feb 5, 2013 at 12:39 PM
Hi all,

Is it possible to set the home page to a non-blog page? I'd like my visitors to land on a basic page with some introduction text and then link to the blog entries.

Is this possible? If so, what's the easiest way? I know I can set the sites default page in IIS but I'd like default.aspx to be the landing page I'm describing and then have a link in the menu to view the blog.

Thanks,
Mark
Feb 5, 2013 at 1:09 PM
Compose a new page in BE, and look to the right under "Options". Place a check next to "Is front page" and you're all set.
Feb 6, 2013 at 1:26 PM
MGD_King,

That works fine but how do I set up a new page to show the posts that used to display on the old home page?

Thanks,
Mark
Feb 6, 2013 at 1:36 PM
I'm able to add the "recent posts" widget but can't move it to the main part of the page. How can I get it there?

Thanks,
Mark
Feb 6, 2013 at 2:33 PM
I'm not sure what you mean by "main part of the page". Do you have an example to help me understand?
Feb 6, 2013 at 5:55 PM
Sorry, I'm referring to the part of the page that holds the content. In this case, the blog. But let me explain in more detail.

I'm using the AllTuts_Green theme. The right-most side of the page is reserved for things like the search box, month list, etc. Widgets is what I believe they're called. The left and middle part of the page hold what I would call content. I'm trying to get my posts to the left/middle part of the page.

When I'm logged in as the admin, I have the ability to add widgets, one of which is called "recent posts". I assume this shows the most recent posts. However, when I add that widget, it automatically goes to the right-most part of the page and I can't seem to move it outside of that area.

The reason I need to do is due to the fact that I changed my home page from the default one to a custom one (called welcome.aspx) with some intro text but in that process I lost the default page with blog posts.

How can I get a page back in to my top menu that shows recent posts?

Thanks,
Mark
Feb 26, 2013 at 5:07 AM
I think what you are looking for is to display your blog posts?
Just add a link to /blog.aspx and that page will act like the front page used to.