Custom Control works in Debug, but...

Topics: Controls
Feb 26, 2013 at 2:56 PM
I built this custom user control that I am able to inject into a page or a post while debugging in VS2012 without any problems. But I can't seem to get it to work live on my local IIS server. Here is the process I'm doing. The user controls were created in the "User Controls" folder. I build the blog ending project and publish it to a different folder. I grab the custom user controls and place them into the "User Controls" folder on the root of the web site in IIS. I put my needed reference to the script line in the master page of the theme I am using on the web server. I also add the DLLs that are referenced in the custom user controls to my bin folder on the web server. I do the injection on a page in blog engine and it errors out on me.

What could I be doing wrong? Thanks for your help.
Feb 26, 2013 at 6:31 PM
So I found something interesting about this scenario in case anyone is wondering. My IIS site was setup to use SQL for the blog posts rather then XML. Well when I switched it back to using XML the user control injection works just fine. But if I use the web.config that I use to access SQL for the blog posts then the user control injection blows up.