Where to put static code?

Mar 16, 2013 at 7:31 AM
I have a few questions on where to place code for some customization. While I do know some asp.net and js, this is the first time I've used another platform to build off of and I'm having problems seeing how the project is set up.

I'm looking to place code in 3 different places
 1.  Directly under the navigation menu
 2.  Somewhere where my code will show up in all blog posts
 3.  Somewhere where my code will show up in only 1 blog post
For the navigation menu, I assume the best place to put the code is in my theme's master page.

Trying to find out where to throw some code for a blog post is tricky, though. Since it is stored in XML, I'm going to guess that there is some sort of .cs file that transforms the XML into a blog post. My best guess is to add some cs code there that should show up on all blog posts.

I'm kind of stumped on how I should go about adding a script (a table with some dynamic calculations that grabs info from another site) that only shows up on a singular blog post.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Mar 16, 2013 at 7:40 AM
Edited Mar 16, 2013 at 7:41 AM
Well, looks like I was so focused on the back end I didn't even notice that you can include various types of code within blog posts (derp).

So I guess the plan is to edit the theme's master page for code under the navigation menu, and then add code as needed within blog posts. If there's a better way to do it, please let me know :)
Mar 16, 2013 at 11:06 AM
Edited Mar 16, 2013 at 11:08 AM
Ignore this.. the browser resent a post when I was checking this thread.