where are the pages being created ?

Topics: ASP.NET 2.0, Business Logic Layer
Mar 27, 2013 at 5:06 PM
Have I got this blog engine functionality all wrong ? Ive got the blog engine up and running and created my first page. Its listed in the page grid

but I cant find the actual page anywhere. The blog engine will be incorporated into an existing website and I want the .aspx pages containing the blog text to be created in the root of my site. I was assuming I could configure the blog engine to do this, but I cant even find the default location for page creation. the 'page' folder doent even exist. Can anyone give me some pointers ?
Mar 30, 2013 at 4:02 AM
the blog engine, like pretty much every Content Management System (CMS) out there doesn't actually create physical pages. They are all virtual and driven from the data store and not physical files. If they were physical files, it would really defeat the purpose of these systems as a physical file for each item is harder to maintain, and there is no need for it with a good content or blog system.
Mar 30, 2013 at 10:38 AM
Hi Misuk11,

The pages and posts are stored in xml files or in a database table.

They are stored in guid id names:

This way they are unique, very hard to have the same xml file name generated.

With in each xml file you have different xml tags "children"

<title>Get Free Health Insurances Quotes</title>
<description />

and etc take look at them yourself.

When you enter content for your new page/post it is then saved into an xml file or database/

The system generates a random GUID number/ name for the xml file.

Then that xml file is loaded into the system in object memory "app_pool"

So all of the pages/posts are loaded in to your server memory.

This way it does not have to access and read each xml each time.

WHen the app_pool recycles

The system then goes through all of the xml files and re load it into memory.

Then the cycle repeats.

That is the basic simple version of what is going on.