Unable to post blog entries on blogengine.net

Topics: Controls, Themes
Apr 16, 2013 at 11:15 AM
Folks - I've installed my blog and am logged in as admin but I can for the life of me see how I post new blog entries?

On the top menu I see:

Home Archive Contact Subscribe Filter by APML

And on the right nav I see..

My Profile
Change Password
Apr 16, 2013 at 2:28 PM
Edited Apr 16, 2013 at 2:40 PM
What you see in the home page depends on the theme.

Add '../admin' to the URL in your browser - in this way you always go to the administration page where you can access everything
Apr 16, 2013 at 3:08 PM
Ok thanks. I tried entering it as so..
www.mywebsite.com/blog/admin and it then takes me to the login where I logged in as the admin and it then goes back to the same page where I have no access to add a post?
Apr 16, 2013 at 6:00 PM
It seems that it does not recognize that you are logged in.

Cookies disabled in the browser maybe?
Apr 18, 2013 at 8:36 PM
No cookies are enabled..do you think it's something to do with the rights that admin has?
Apr 18, 2013 at 11:16 PM
I assume you mean 'no cookies are disabled'.

Yes, it can be something to do with the rights - I created a test user without any role membership - and so without rights, and if I log in as that user I have the behavior you are reporting.

No idea how to fix the rights though - sorry
Apr 19, 2013 at 10:20 AM
Thanks for giving me some pointers..

Apr 20, 2013 at 12:03 AM
Are you using IE 10? If so, try FireFox. ASP.Net has trouble identifying IE 10 and I've had both the login cookie lost, as well as another issue where postback actions fail to perform. The remedy is either a hotfix from MS, or an updated browser definition file which is easily added to the app_browsers directory. http://www.hanselman.com/blog/BugAndFixASPNETFailsToDetectIE10CausingDoPostBackIsUndefinedJavaScriptErrorOrMaintainFF5ScrollbarPosition.aspx and http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6983732/ie10-user-agent-causes-asp-net-to-not-send-back-set-cookie-ie10-not-setting-coo have more info on these issues
Apr 24, 2013 at 8:59 AM
No it's Chrome but still no joy..