I not see my blogroll in my blog frontpage

Topics: ASP.NET 2.0, Controls
Jan 13, 2009 at 4:51 PM
 Hi

I can´t see my blogroll ,my server send to me this menssage

Server Error in '/' Application.

Invalid URI: The hostname could not be parsed.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.UriFormatException: Invalid URI: The hostname could not be parsed.

Source Error:

Line 197:      item.Xfn = xfn;
Line 198:
Line 199:      item.Request = (HttpWebRequest)WebRequest.Create(feedUrl);
Line 200:      item.Request.Credentials = CredentialCache.DefaultNetworkCredentials;
Line 201:

Source File: c:\sites\colobe\velazquez\cezarvelazquez.com.br\www\App_Code\Controls\Blogroll.cs    Line: 199

(if are necessary...)
Stack Trace:

[UriFormatException: Invalid URI: The hostname could not be parsed.]
   System.Uri.CreateThis(String uri, Boolean dontEscape, UriKind uriKind) +2166300
   System.Net.WebRequest.Create(String requestUriString) +72
   Controls.Blogroll.AddBlog(String name, String description, String feedUrl, String website, String xfn) in c:\sites\colobe\velazquez\cezarvelazquez.com.br\www\App_Code\Controls\Blogroll.cs:199
   Controls.Blogroll.CreateList() in c:\sites\colobe\velazquez\cezarvelazquez.com.br\www\App_Code\Controls\Blogroll.cs:112
   Controls.Blogroll.DisplayBlogroll() in c:\sites\colobe\velazquez\cezarvelazquez.com.br\www\App_Code\Controls\Blogroll.cs:83
   Controls.Blogroll.Render(HtmlTextWriter writer) in c:\sites\colobe\velazquez\cezarvelazquez.com.br\www\App_Code\Controls\Blogroll.cs:33
   System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControlInternal(HtmlTextWriter writer, ControlAdapter adapter) +25
   System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControl(HtmlTextWriter writer, ControlAdapter adapter) +121
   System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControl(HtmlTextWriter writer) +22
   ASP.themes_paperclip_summer_site_master.__Render__control5(HtmlTextWriter __w, Control parameterContainer) in c:\sites\colobe\velazquez\cezarvelazquez.com.br\www\themes\Paperclip-Summer\site.master:94
   System.Web.UI.Control.RenderChildrenInternal(HtmlTextWriter writer, ICollection children) +98
   System.Web.UI.Control.RenderChildren(HtmlTextWriter writer) +20
   System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlForm.RenderChildren(HtmlTextWriter writer) +59
   System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlForm.Render(HtmlTextWriter output) +68
   System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControlInternal(HtmlTextWriter writer, ControlAdapter adapter) +25
   System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControl(HtmlTextWriter writer, ControlAdapter adapter) +121
   System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlForm.RenderControl(HtmlTextWriter writer) +37
   System.Web.UI.Control.RenderChildrenInternal(HtmlTextWriter writer, ICollection children) +199
   System.Web.UI.Control.Render(HtmlTextWriter writer) +7
   System.Web.UI.Control.RenderChildrenInternal(HtmlTextWriter writer, ICollection children) +199
   System.Web.UI.Page.Render(HtmlTextWriter writer) +26
   BlogEngine.Core.Web.Controls.BlogBasePage.Render(HtmlTextWriter writer) in C:\Documents and Settings\Mads Kristensen\Dokumenter\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\BlogEngine.NET\DotNetSlave.BusinessLogic\Web\Controls\BlogBasePage.cs:329
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +2558

If anyone know that error please ,send to me

Thank´s  and sorry about the bad english

Coordinator
Jan 13, 2009 at 5:23 PM
One or more of the RSS Urls in your blogroll is an invalid Url.  If you look in the blogroll.xml file in your App_Data folder, you can see the RSS Urls.  They are the "xmlUrl" attributes in that file.  One or more of those Urls are most likely invalid.  Once you find the invalid ones, you can delete them from the Blogroll tab in BE's control panel.
Feb 1, 2009 at 1:45 AM
I have NEARLY the same issue except I'm getting a Security Exception instead of the Invalid URI error.  Any suggestions???