Hide hostname from urls

Topics: ASP.NET 2.0
Apr 23, 2013 at 1:21 PM
Hello everyone,

I am stuck in the following situation:

blogengine.net 2.7 is installed locally on a rented web server. It's accessible through port 80. If i enter the hostname in my browser the blog loads and everything is running fine. Additional to the server i got a domain, which should redirect to the blog. Even this is working.

The only thing that I'm not able to get rid of is the hostname in the urls (for example, the post urls). Is there any way to replace it by the domain? I already tried the MS URL Rewriting module, but either I'm to stupid to define the right rules, or its the wrong attempt.

The documentation/blogs/discussions returned no result for me...

Thanks for you help and time!
Apr 23, 2013 at 1:54 PM
The URLs in the pages generated by BlogEngine.Net do not contain the host name or domain, they are URLs from the current root (e.g. something like '/post/2013/04/18/My-post-title').

If this is the case the problem is not in BlogEngine.net, and cannot be fixed with URL rewriting. It is probably in the way the domain name is handled. You write 'got a domain, which should redirect to the blog' - this sounds strange: domains should not redirect, they should map directly to the IP address of your host.
Apr 23, 2013 at 3:04 PM
Edited Apr 23, 2013 at 3:06 PM
Thank you very much, you gave the right hint!

I just had to change the DNS entry of my domain, everything is fine now. Thank you :)