Runtime Error 2.8

Topics: ASP.NET 2.0
May 7, 2013 at 8:15 PM
Runtime Error

Description: An exception occurred while processing your request. Additionally, another exception occurred while executing the custom error page for the first exception. The request has been terminated.

I have modified the Web.config to show errors, but still no details.

Just before this error I installed the "Paypal Donate Extension". My guess is that this is the problem. I trying to manually delete any files added via ftp; so far without success.

All in all, the Gallery needs work. Allot of old and non (mal) functioning plugins.
May 8, 2013 at 8:25 PM
Hi SimpleNick,

I have also experienced similar error after I have installed an extension or a theme from the gallery through admin section from within BE.

Till the downloads from the gallery gets fixed the best solution I have found is to install the downloads not from a live server.

Install BE on your local computer and then install from the gallery.

Make sure to have Elmah installed.

Then when you have issues with downloads normally from remote for some reason Elmah will show the errors and then you can fix it.

But, for some reason when it is on a live server Elmah or the logger does not show the error.

IT just gives an 500 Server error with no description.

Editing the web.config to show detail errors also does not work on live server.

This is another TODO item I guess for the gallery :)

Need to have a way to verify the downloads that they are working 100% before going live on the gallery for others to download.

I am also noticing with themes lots of them are reporting "site.master" not found.
May 8, 2013 at 8:54 PM
Edited May 8, 2013 at 9:09 PM
Thanks for your reply !
  • I now have a local version of BE running.
  • Elmah. Great idea. I will include it in my next publication.
BE should step it up. I cant hand off a BE project to someone if It can break itself like that.