Where is the translation for a couple of items?

Topics: Controls, Themes
Jan 17, 2009 at 2:14 AM
We're about to go live for our blog aiming at spanish speaking people. When choosing the spanish language indeed most of words are translated in Spanish but there are a few things that I can't find how to get in Spanish. If you look at http://www.corobori.com/Blog/es/ you'll see the words "Textbox", "Tag cloud" and "RecentPost" in the left frame. In the middle the "By". On the top menu "Log in" and "Filter by APML"
Jan 17, 2009 at 2:32 AM
On the left frame, "Textbox", "Tag cloud" and "RecentPost" are widgets.  If you're logged in, on each of those widgets, you should see an 'Edit' link in the upper right corner of each box.  If you click on that, there's a box on the top where you can give each widget it's own title in Spanish.

Unfortunately, the "By" is hardcoded.  This problem was brought up here.  You can manually change it by going into the PostView.ascx file in your theme's folder.

The "Log in" and "Filter by APML" text isn't in the labels.es.resx file in BE 1.4.5, but it is in labels.es.resx in the latest version of BE (accessible from the Source Code tab above).  Your theme may have these two pieces of text hardcoded.  In labels.es.resx in the latest version of BE, this is what's in there for that text.

<data name="login" xml:space="preserve">
    <value>Iniciar sesión</value>

<data name="filterByApml" xml:space="preserve">
    <value>Filtrar por APML</value>

You could try adding that to your labels.es.resx file, or you may need to just manually edit that text in the site.master file within your theme's folder.
Feb 3, 2009 at 8:51 PM
Edited Feb 3, 2009 at 8:51 PM
But how to translate "calendar", "blog roll" widgets? For those widgets, there is no 'Edit' link.
Feb 3, 2009 at 9:17 PM
There should be 'Edit' links for the Calendar and Blogroll widgets too if you're logged in.
Feb 4, 2009 at 1:21 PM
I installed Blogengine locally (data provider is SQL Server).
When I'm logged in as admin, there should not be 'edit' links for calendar. (screen cap here).
Is there a setting to change ?
Feb 4, 2009 at 4:15 PM
Sorry, I guess the 'Edit' link isn't there in version 1.4.5.  In the latest build, there are now Edit links for those widgets.  But you can still change the title of these widgets in 1.4.5 manually.

For both the Calendar and Blogroll widgets, you should have a widget.ascx.cs file in the widgets\Calendar and widgets\BlogRoll folders.  In those file, you should see an empty LoadWidget() method:

public override void LoadWidget()
        // Nothing to load

You can set the title in there:

public override void LoadWidget()
        // Nothing to load
        Title = "My custom title";
Feb 4, 2009 at 7:22 PM
I have translated it into spanish. Just edit the widget.ascx.cs file of the widget

public override bool IsEditable
        get { return false; }

And change it to: true

Then you can get the Edit button.

Greetings from spain!!!.
Feb 4, 2009 at 8:24 PM
Great tip gunner!  :-)
Feb 4, 2009 at 8:32 PM
Edited Feb 4, 2009 at 8:36 PM
Thanks, BenAmada and gunner