How do you use Twitters Bootstrap with

Topics: Themes
Jun 4, 2013 at 2:54 PM
I'm wondering if it is possible to make a very simple theme with just the basics of Bootstrap. No additionally stylesheet. Just nude Bootstrap. Where are the right place to put the files involved?
  1. bootstrap.min.css (CSS files)
  2. bootstrap.min.js (JAVASCRIPT Code)
Obviously, Css Files will be in the theme dir. But Im not sure how to include the js files.

Another one. Javascript code requires jQuery to be included. Is jQuery included by default in BlogEngine? How do you ensure that javascript code is charged in the right order?.

Sorry in advance for my english usage. Best regards,
Jun 5, 2013 at 4:46 PM
Thx for the info... haven't seen this before but it looks amazing as a framework. Yes jQuery is included and you could reference both files inside the site.master from your themes directory.

Anyway bootstrap won't work with BlogEngine just by referencing CSS and JavaScript. Design and functionality from these files are tied to HTML only if the rendered HTML has specific classes.

So the use case is not creating a new theme based on a existing engine. It's more like making an engine to render specific HTML so the CSS and JS is tied to it (like you would do it using SiteCore).

You would also need to modify e.g. the editor to create the specific HTML structure. I like this example page but I wouldn't be able to create it without HTML knowledge in BE right now.
So a more sophisticated editor is needed and lots of different page templates. This WordPress theme includes the mentioned editor extension and templates:

The current theme by Farzin goes into the same direction regarding 'functionality' like responsive design:
Jun 5, 2013 at 8:11 PM
OK! Thank you moddie!!. :-)