I see some razor views in BlogEngine.net: is this the beginning of a conversion to the MVC framework?

Jul 21, 2013 at 10:58 PM
I just noticed while browsing the files of BlogEngine.net, that there are a couple of razor view files with .cshtml file extensions. Is this a conversion to MVC, or is this just the use of the razor engine inside of web forms? And if this is a conversion, or the start thereof, how is integration of BlogEngine into other frameworks and non-MVC based web sites going to be affected?
Jul 22, 2013 at 2:13 PM
We experimenting with Razor in the admin UI, where it is not effecting blog itself. In fact, in the works admin UI completely re-written as single page app (SPA) with Web Api on the back-end. This will be almost 100% HTML/JavaScript, with most .aspx/.cshtml pages going away. Blog itself, though, will still support forms and controls. And if in the future we decide to change this, there will be discussion with community before we go there.
Jul 22, 2013 at 2:41 PM

That sort of a change sounds interesting, though it sounds like it could possibly adversely affect frameworks and other web sites that still use forms technology. I mean, is ASP.net web forms so badly outdated that people are actually rewriting their applications for no other reason than that they feel that using the latest stuff is right?? But another thing that you can also do is use the MVP (Model, view, presentor) framework to keep the ASP.net web forms parts of BlogEngine alive but use the benefits of the MVC framework. Just to keep all your hard work from falling down, you know?