Can I remove " Powered by BlogEngine.NET 2.8.0.0" from footer ?

Topics: Controls
Jul 23, 2013 at 9:55 PM
Can I remove " Powered by BlogEngine.NET 2.8.0.0" from footer ?

Am I allowed to do that or no ?
Coordinator
Jul 23, 2013 at 10:18 PM
Absolutely, it is not required.
Dec 19, 2013 at 5:40 PM
I think you can but why do you want to do so. I've also not removed the same from my blog.
Dec 21, 2013 at 2:58 AM
get2tauseef wrote:
I think you can but why do you want to do so. I've also not removed the same from my blog.
But, yours says:

Proudly powered by Wordpress

:)
Jan 12, 2014 at 7:54 AM
You may add rel="nofollow" and keep that link if you don't want to send Pagerank
Jan 12, 2014 at 11:39 AM
Hi Geekiest and Pepper,

I think why people want to remove the Powered by footer not just with BlogEngine but also with other web platforms because spammers and hackers uses Google to search for these terms to find people using a specific type of software so that they can exploit or abuse it in some way like the most common one is comment spam.

Now doing a search for a specific version can also be a gold mine for hackers since they can hack known versions that had issues but never updated.

Like doing a search for:

"Powered by BlogEngine.NET 1.6.0.0" Results in 233,000 results

But, it is also a useful way to find BlogEngine.net based websites which some have some very useful reading.

Also it proudly shows the world that your website is using the greatest Blog Platform out there!

There are other ways to do this and at the same time help reduce the risk from hackers and spammers.

Don't disclose your actual version of the website just say Powered By BlogEngine.Net

Second have an image or have java-script inject the text and like what geekiest said add rel="nofollow",Noindex" .
Jun 29, 2014 at 7:22 AM
Certainly you can remove it . I did that.My site: Website name generator .And thanks kbdavis07. helpful instructions.