Disqus Comment Count Issue

Topics: Controls
Aug 7, 2013 at 1:06 PM
Hi, I am using BE 2.7 and the comment counter is displaying "0" for all comments from disqus. Does anyone know of a t fix that works. I have tried various online fixes and still cannot display the comment count.
Aug 7, 2013 at 3:07 PM
Edited Aug 7, 2013 at 3:26 PM
If you are talking about the comment count in post lists or at the top of the actual post, then it might be something to do with the theme you are using.
Some themes appear to be missing the necessary support to show Disqus comment counts here.

If you look at PostView.ascx in the 'Classic' theme folder(2.8) or 'Standard'(2.7) you will see something like the following:
 <% if (BlogEngine.Core.BlogSettings.Instance.ModerationType == BlogEngine.Core.BlogSettings.Moderation.Disqus)
       { %>

<a rel="nofollow" href="<%=Post.PermaLink %>#disqus_thread"><%=Resources.labels.comments %></a>
       { %>
    <a rel="bookmark" href="<%=Post.PermaLink %>" title="<%=Server.HtmlEncode(Post.Title) %>">Permalink</a> |
    <a rel="nofollow" href="<%=Post.RelativeOrAbsoluteLink %>#comment"><%=Resources.labels.comments %> (<%=Post.ApprovedComments.Count %>)</a>   
Some themes simply have something like this:
<a rel="nofollow" class="Right" href="<%=Post.RelativeOrAbsoluteLink %>#comment"><%=Resources.labels.comments %> (<%=Post.ApprovedComments.Count %>)</a>
If that's the case, then you can take what you need from the classic(2.8)/Standard(2.7) and add it into your PostView.ascx file.

If it's a razor theme, then look at Garland-Revisited.
Aug 7, 2013 at 5:21 PM
I am using the responsive flat blog theme. I will have to check and see if that code is in there.