object name 'be_Settings' is not valid - using sql server 2005

Jan 30, 2009 at 11:54 AM
I am trying to convert to using SQL Server. The script ran fine and the tables were created perfectly. I get the following error when connecting after making the changes to my web.config: (mi translation, sorry)

<title>El nombre de objeto 'be_Settings' no es válido.</title> <style> body {font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;font-size: .7em;color:black;} p {font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;color:black;margin-top: -5px} b {font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:bold;color:black;margin-top: -5px} H1 { font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;font-size:18pt;color:red } H2 { font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;font-size:14pt;color:maroon } pre {font-family:"Lucida Console";font-size: .9em} .marker {font-weight: bold; color: black;text-decoration: none;} .version {color: gray;} .error {margin-bottom: 10px;} .expandable { text-decoration:underline; font-weight:bold; color:navy; cursor:hand; } </style>

El object name 'be_Settings' is not valid.

Descripción: Excepción no controlada al ejecutar la solicitud Web actual. Revise el seguimiento de la pila para obtener más información acerca del error y dónde se originó en el código.

Detalles de la excepción: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException:The object name 'be_Settings' is no valid.

Jan 30, 2009 at 5:23 PM
I had a similar problem.  I had to rerun the sql scripts from the setup folder, and then it worked fine.  On the site, it recommends that you delete all from the tables, but you should not from the settings table as this causes the above error.
Jan 30, 2009 at 5:25 PM
By the by:  I seached through the startup script for the be_Settings, cut and pasted only those scripts to a new quary, and then ran them.
Jan 31, 2009 at 8:25 PM
Thanks scottt40, I dropped all my tables and rerun the sql scripts as you adviced me and it's working now.