Unpublished Posts should not display in Tags

Jan 30, 2009 at 11:12 PM
Could someone please verify the behavior that I am seeing on 1.4.5? I am using the Standard Theme.
1. I mark a Post as 'Not Publish' and then log off as admin.
2. I view the blog as a regular user. I click on the Tag for the unpublished post. The blog displays an empty post with the Next and Prev navigation links.
3. I would think that the tags for the unpublished Post should NOT show up in Tags.

Thanks for your time.
Coordinator
Jan 30, 2009 at 11:43 PM
You're correct.  I tested this in 1.4.5 and also in the latest build 24719.  In both cases, if a tag is only tied to unpublished posts, it still shows up in the tag cloud.

For categories, if a category is only tied to unpublished posts, the category doesn't show up in the Category List, but it does show up on the Archive page with no posts underneath it.

This is the same issue you brought up here, right?  I agree that tags and categories only tied to unpublished posts shouldn't show up anywhere.  The best way to get these changes implemented is by creating an issue in the Issue Tracker.  I just now created an issue for this explaining the situation.  You can vote on the issue and/or add comments/suggestions here.