MY Profile Error

Topics: ASP.NET 2.0, Themes
Sep 30, 2013 at 3:51 AM
Clicking on My Profile returns this error, any help will be appreciated, thank you.

BlogEngine.NET Standard Theme

500 - Internal server error.
There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed.
Oct 1, 2013 at 1:58 PM
I think you need to give more information, I have just setup the 2.8 version a few days ago, had no problems with My Profile page.
Oct 1, 2013 at 3:43 PM
I am using BE and the standard theme, upgraded from previous version. After logging in I click on My Profile and receive the error above. This error has been reported by other users as well. I have added <customErrors mode="Off"/> to my web.config and it still only returns this error:

500 - Internal server error.
There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed.
Oct 4, 2013 at 7:21 AM
Hi Jerry,

Install Elmah :)

It will tell you exactly what the problem is.

On your local machine make sure you have the full source version of BlogEngine.Net.

Bring it up in Visual Studio and in the solution explorer right click and press "Manage NuGet"

Then search for Elmah xml

Click install.

Then change the following in your web.config file to make it work with BE

tems in bold is the things that needs to be changed.

<!-- See for more information on remote access and securing ELMAH. --> <security allowRemoteAccess="false" />

<location path="admin" inheritInChildApplications="false">

<add verb="POST,GET,HEAD" path=__"/admin/elmah.axd__" type="Elmah.ErrorLogPageFactory, Elmah" />

__<allow roles="Administrators" />
<deny users="*" />  

<add name="ELMAH" verb="POST,GET,HEAD" path="__/admin/__elmah.axd" type="Elmah.ErrorLogPageFactory, Elmah" preCondition="integratedMode" />

To make it easier to access from with in the admin panel edit this file:

Its in the root directory

add this line to the very bottom of the list of links:

<siteMapNode url="~/admin/elmah.axd" title="Elmah" rights="AccessAdminSettingsPages" description="" />

Now you can access Elmah from within the Admin panel.
Oct 8, 2013 at 10:00 PM
The error is a server error will doing this locally reveal the problem, and to be clear I need to download the full source version to do this, will it not work with the web version? Than you.
Oct 11, 2013 at 2:41 AM
I haven't tried the above yet, just a note, some of the profiles work and others do not, I am using SQL compact for the database. I created a new user today and the profile worked at the start, tried it later and received the error.