Unable to cast object of type 'ASP._Page_admin_default_cshtml' to type 'System.Web.IHttpHandler

Topics: Controls
Oct 29, 2013 at 11:22 AM
I've managed to get Blogengine running to some degree which is really good. The problem is if selecting the dashboard or customize from the menu.

The following pages..

Dashboard = ~/blog/admin/Extensions/default.cshtml
Customize = ~/blog/admin/Extensions/default.cshtml

Basically I turn off customErrors and it displays the following typecasting problem

Unable to cast object of type 'ASP._Page_admin_Extensions_default_cshtml' to type 'System.Web.IHttpHandler'.

These seem to be the only parts of the project which is built using MVC though causing major issues. I have MVC on IIS running. Can anyone point out the issue to me please?
Oct 29, 2013 at 2:09 PM
BlogEngine does not use MVC, but it uses Razor pages (.cshtml) so server must me configured to serve them. Usually installing MVC also installs Razor, so two go hand in hand. But sometimes you need do extra steps like configure .cshtl extension in MIME types on IIS. Look for solutions to run .cshtml on IIS, something like this. Unfortunately it differs depending on IIS and server version and configuration, so you might try few things before it works for you.