Where to edit size text area?

Topics: ASP.NET 2.0, Themes
Feb 13, 2009 at 3:09 AM
Edited Feb 13, 2009 at 3:10 AM
Hi,

I am new to BlogEngine and ASP. But I do have quite a bit of programming experience and can edit the site.master, CSS, and other files.

My problem is that the text area displayed on my About page is too big. I, for the life of me, can't find out where to edit my "Pages" info. If I want to change the main site, I edit site.master, if I want to change how my posts look, I edit CommentView.ascx, but where the heck do I change how my "Pages" look?! Here is a link to my problem web page:

http://www.thegothamguide.com/page/About.aspx

Thank you for any help! Sorry if it is really straightforward, I'm only 2 weeks in to my first blog!

Regards,
Mike

Coordinator
Feb 13, 2009 at 4:56 AM
The wide content looks nice :)

On the home page of your blog, the HTML looks like:

<div id="page">
   <div id="content">
      <div>

But on your about page, the HTML looks like:

<div id="page">
   <div id="content">
      <div>
         <div id="page">

In your CSS file, #page has a width of 850px and #content has a width of 568px.  It looks like you would want to eliminate that second "<div id="page"> because it's putting an 850px wide block into the 568px content div.  Also, it's technically not valid HTML to have two elements with the same ID -- in this case there's 2 DIV's with the same ID of "page".

In the standard theme, there's a <div id="page"> in the page.aspx file.  It looks like you have <div id="page"> in your page.aspx file as well as maybe in your site.master file?  You just need to make the necessary adjustments.  I think <div id="page"> was designed to be in the page.aspx file, but not in the site.master file.