Create a new comments form?

Feb 13, 2009 at 8:32 PM
Edited Feb 13, 2009 at 8:33 PM
I'm trying to create a new theme and all was going well until I wanted to edit the ‘related posts’ and ‘comment form’ sections. I’m sure I’d have no trouble updating them but hard as I try, I cannot find these sections anywhere in the solution. They have to be there so I know it’s me being dumb, but could someone give me directions!

I found the blog:RelatedPosts code in the post.aspx but you cannot change the individual elements from here.

Feb 13, 2009 at 8:43 PM
The 'comment form' is the CommentView.ascx and CommentView.ascx.cs files in the User Controls folder.  The same two files are used across all themes.  You can still partially control the layout of the comment form by adding CSS styles in your theme's CSS file for the CSS classes defined in CommentView.ascx.

It looks like Related Posts is similarily shared across all themes.  The HTML is created in the RelatedPosts.cs file under App_Code\Controls.  You should be able to customize the layout a bit via the #relatedPosts CSS class ... like how the standard theme's CSS file does, for example.
Feb 14, 2009 at 2:30 PM
Great, thanks for that. I don't know how I missed the CommentView section but RelatedPosts was bit harder at least.