Post 2.8 Upgrade, Posts Don't Appear When Logged-in as Administrator

Nov 30, 2013 at 10:33 PM
After upgrading from 2.6 to 2.8, there seems to be a problem with my Administrator account. If I'm not logged in everything seems to be working correctly. If I login as an account with Administrator privileges, no posts appear. This problem persists regardless of whether I'm viewing the home page or a specific post page.

Also, strangely, none of the usual Admin links are shown. All I get it is a "My Profile" and "Change Password" link under the admin area.

I tried switching themes to see if somehow my custom theme wasn't compatible with 2.8, but the problem persists even with the Standard theme, as you can see in the attached image.

Coordinator
Dec 1, 2013 at 5:00 AM
Sometimes this happens when you switch sites/users and cache doesn't clear up, so you authenticated as different user or use cookie from different site. Log out, refresh browser cache (ctrl + F5) and try again.
Dec 1, 2013 at 9:35 PM
Edited Dec 1, 2013 at 10:50 PM
No luck there, same thing. After some further testing it looks like the posts disappear any time ANYONE is logged-in.

I debugged the BindPosts() method of the PostList usercontrol and it looks like the appropriate PostViews are being loaded into "posts" property. Any clues on which code actually renders the posts collection?