Clean install of BlogEngine with SQL 2008 on Windows Server 2008 - no changes saved in Settings section.

Topics: Business Logic Layer, Controls
Jan 1, 2014 at 11:46 PM
Edited Jan 1, 2014 at 11:48 PM
Hi,

I had BlogEngine 2.5 and I just made a clean install of 2.9 using the precompiled web archive available on the site. Everything is working fine and saving in the database except the changes in Settings section (any tab). I used SQL profiler and I see when I'm loading Basic tab (for example) select queries are working but when clicking Save button nothing is sent to SQL. Seems the Click event of that button is not firing up, nothing happens, no error message, nothing in SQL profiler.
As long as everything else is saved in the database I excluded any configuration issue.
Could anyone try to reproduce/confirm the issue ? Any suggestion ?
I'm a software developer at IBM Romania so I have the necessary knowledge to understand any technical suggestion.

Thanks,
Aurel
Coordinator
Jan 2, 2014 at 12:03 AM
This is because default install uses old "mobile" theme and it was removed.

On the basic settings page, select "Standard" as mobile theme and click "save". All should work after that.
Marked as answer by bluesurviver on 1/1/2014 at 4:19 PM
Jan 2, 2014 at 12:19 AM
Wow, quick reply ! :)
Yes, I also just found the js error with Firebug about mobiletheme not defined, I changed to Standard in database and now saving is working :)
That was the problem, thank you !