HELP: Installing Change Set

Feb 21, 2009 at 9:36 AM
Edited Feb 21, 2009 at 9:38 AM
Hi,

I have downloaded the current BlogEngine.Net (BlogEngine.NET_1.4.5_(web)) and installed it successfully. It also runs successfully. Now I would like to install the Change Set 25288 that is in the Source Code tab above. I'm not sure if this is how I am supposed to do. Anyway this is what I did:

1. Installed BlogEngine.NET_1.4.5_(web)
2. Downloaded Change Set 25288 and unzipped it.
3. Copied all the files that were in the change set and pasted it in the BlogEngine.NET_1.4.5_(web) installation and overwrite whatever existed.

Now when I run the blog I get this error:

Server Error in '/TSL/blog' Application.

Compilation Error

Description: An error occurred during the compilation of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific error details and modify your source code appropriately.

Compiler Error Message: CS0117: 'BlogEngine.Core.IPublishable' does not contain a definition for 'IsPublished'

Source Error:

Line 41:     IPublishable item = (IPublishable)sender;
Line 42: 
Line 43: if (HttpContext.Current != null && !HttpContext.Current.Request.IsLocal && item.IsPublished)Line 44: 		{
Line 45: 			Uri url = item.AbsoluteLink;

Source File: e:\Web\TSL\blog\App_Code\Extensions\SendPings.cs    Line: 43

Am I doing something wrong? Please assist me in installing the change set.

Many thanks,

Wasim
Coordinator
Feb 21, 2009 at 6:03 PM
When you download one of these changesets, there are two folders in the ZIP file -- (a) BlogEngine.NET, (b) DotNetSlave.BusinessLogic.  The files in (b) need to be compiled into a DLL.  Actually, when you compile the project, three files will get produced in the BIN folder -- (1) BlogEngine.Core.dll, (2) BlogEngine.Core.pdb and (3) BlogEngine.Core.XML.  These 3 files that get produced need to be copied into the BIN folder of your blog.  Other than this compilation process, you were correct that you needed to copy all the files from (a) into your blog folders ... overwriting your existing files.

See this discussion where I talk about the 4 steps needed to compile.  You'll need Visual Studio to do the compiling.  If you don't have Visual Studio, you can download Visual Studio C# 2008 Express Edition for free and compile with that.  In that same discussion, saratogacoach mentions he did that.
Feb 21, 2009 at 6:18 PM
Thanks for your reply. So you are saying that I need VS 2008 to compile. Is it possible you email me the compiled dll as I have no plans in installing VS 2008 at the moment.

Will appreciate your assistance. My email address is wasimalhaddad@yahoo.co.uk

Please I really need this patch.

Thanks again for your help.
Coordinator
Feb 21, 2009 at 6:30 PM
I just sent you an email with a link to the compiled files ...