No icons on the editor after upgrade to 2.9

Topics: Controls
Jan 6, 2014 at 3:29 PM
Edited Jan 6, 2014 at 3:30 PM
When I try to edit a post or page in the browser (IE & Chrome on Win8.1) I can edit the page, but most of the button labels are missing. Using the F12 dev tools I see that no text is being associated with the buttons.

So for heading see

<div class="btn-group">
        <button title="Heading" class="btn btn-default dropdown-toggle" type="button" data-toggle="dropdown"><i class="fa fa-heading"><b>H</b></i><span class="caret"></span></button>
But for fonts (and most other buttons) no label in the inner class

<div class="btn-group">
        <button title="Font size" class="btn btn-default dropdown-toggle" type="button" data-toggle="dropdown"><i class="fa fa-text-height"></i><span class="caret"></span></button>

This is a theme issue. I am using the standard theme
Coordinator
Jan 6, 2014 at 3:35 PM
Check if you have "labels.txt" in the app_data folder, if not copy it from new install. This file defines labels that should be available in JavaScript.
Jan 6, 2014 at 3:46 PM
The label.txt file was missing from the app_data, but I copied in the 12Kb version from the download new site ZIP and it had no effect.. I tried a iisreset and reloaded my browsers to see it was not caching.

This is what I am seeing Image
Coordinator
Jan 6, 2014 at 4:04 PM
Any errors in JavaScript console in FireBug or DevTools? Could be web font issue, it was commented out in 2.9.0.0, then updated to:
<remove fileExtension=".woff" />
<mimeMap fileExtension=".woff" mimeType="font/x-woff" />
Jan 6, 2014 at 6:00 PM
Uncommenting the <mimeMap fileExtension=".woff" mimeType="font/x-woff" /> fixed the issue.

Thanks