One user for different account

Topics: Business Logic Layer
Jan 9, 2014 at 12:28 AM
Edited Jan 9, 2014 at 5:25 AM
Ok, yesterday I asked how to use DbMembershipProvider in existing website so you can keep separate users for different blogs. Well I got that to work. If you are interested please search"SqlMembershipProvider vs DbMembershipProvider and single sign on".

Now I am wondering if I can have one user like 'admin' working on all the blogs without login to every blog. Ultimately I want to have any given user once he/she logged in once and able to visit all the blogs he/she as a user.

I guess you can think of this as single sign on for different blogs through form authentication. Also to keep things simple I have two apps from the same subdomain.

Mar 29, 2014 at 10:23 PM
Excellent question which is I am asking too. Did you get any idea?

Mar 30, 2014 at 4:31 AM
I am not sure your situation but in my case I have an intranet application that has an iframe to host blogenigne. Because I have total control in terms which blog to load into the iframe, what I did is to authenticate for each blog. Another words is to generate auth cookie for that particular blog. Then load the blog into iframe. Hope this makes sense. I am sure you can do this through blogengine code but I want to leave the code alone as much as I could so I can upgrade with it.