Installing BE 2.9 on SQL Server - Database odd warning

Topics: ASP.NET 2.0, Business Logic Layer
Jan 11, 2014 at 4:27 PM
Edited Jan 11, 2014 at 4:43 PM
When I try to install BE 2.9 Setup SQL script on a blank SQL DB, it gives an odd warning:
Warning! The maximum key length is 900 bytes. The index 'idx_be_CustomType_ObjectId_BlogId_Key' has maximum length of 1216 bytes. For some combination of large values, the insert/update operation will fail.
Do I need to worry about anything ? what is causing this warning ? How to solve it ?

Browser: IE 8
Jan 11, 2014 at 6:47 PM
This has been asked and answered on two other topics on this forum, but here's the answer again. You can either get the source for version (or later), deploy it and run the SQL setup script again, or you can make this change to the SQL Setup script:

Find the create-table script for the table be_CustomFields and replace it with this:
CREATE TABLE [dbo].[be_CustomFields](
   [CustomType] [nvarchar](100) NOT NULL,
   [ObjectId] [nvarchar](250) NOT NULL,
   [CustomType] [nvarchar](25) NOT NULL,
   [ObjectId] [nvarchar](100) NOT NULL,
   [BlogId] [uniqueidentifier] NOT NULL,
   [Key] [nvarchar](250) NOT NULL,
   [Key] [nvarchar](150) NOT NULL,
   [Value] [nvarchar](max) NOT NULL,
   [Attribute] [nvarchar](250) NULL
Then run the script again on an empty DB.

Jan 11, 2014 at 10:01 PM
How and from where I can download version ?
Jan 11, 2014 at 10:14 PM
Edited Jan 11, 2014 at 10:23 PM
I just tried downloading 2.9.03 version from here:

But, when I try to run this version, I am getting 407 errors in visual studio ?

All error says:

Error 27 The type or namespace name 'BlogEngine' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) C:\Users\Downloads\Projects\BlogEngine29\blogengine_2ac107166b4e\BlogEngine\BlogEngine.NET\App_Code\Api\StatsController.cs 1 7 C:...\BlogEngine.NET\

UPDATE: It seems to be working now, I rebuilt the project
Jan 11, 2014 at 10:23 PM
Is it ok to use for production ? Just want to make sure that I will be able to upgrade to 3.0 version in future.